Even if you clear your lint filter in between each wash, lint can still be building up in your clothing dryer from lint escaping through small gaps around the dryer drum. A simple do it yourself way to help solve this problem is cleaning out your exhaust duct and the inside of your dryer.
Steps to clean the exhaust duct
- First of you are going to need to shut off the gas, unplug the dryer, and pull the dryer away from the wall.
- Disconnect the duct from the dryer.
- Use a vacuum of a duster to remove all of the lint, if you notice your duct is the plastic type you will want to replace it with a rigid metal duct.
Steps to clean the inside of our dryer
- Firstly, remove the screws under located under the lint filter, then pull the top forward and lift the top up to release I from the catches at the corners.
- Remove the front panel, then unscrew the two screws located near the top, and then tip the front forward and lift it away from the bottom catches and the drum. The drum will tip as the panel drops, this will not cause any damage to our dryer.
- Hold up the drum and use a vacuum or duster to clean under the drum, the top of the dryer, and the back of the dryer.
- Reassemble the dryer.
*WARNING: Before starting any repair, always make sure that the appliance is completely disconnected from the power source by unplugging it. This tutorial is meant to be a guide and should not be used in place of the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer.