It is time to get familiar with your appliance! If your Samsung front load or top load washer is displaying the error fault codes 4E or NF, it is important to find out what is going on with your washer. Generally, these error codes mean that you washer is having an issue detecting water.
NF and 4E = No Water Feed = Washer Not Filling
Look for these codes on your control panel display. These indicate that there is something preventing your washer from receiving water into the water inlet valve.
These troubleshooting steps apply to all types of Samsung washing machines including front load, top load, and washer & dryer combos.
- Always disconnect power source before repairing ANY of your appliances.
- Check that water supply is turned on with adequate water pressure (min: 0.5 bar, max 0.8 bar).
- Be sure the water supply valves located on the wall behind your washer are fully open. To be sure they are completely open, turn the valves all the way to the left (counter -clockwise), parallel with the water supply hoses.
- Check to see if water supply hoses are not bent, crimped, or kinked; this can prevent water from flowing to your washer.
- Inspect for clogs in water water supply hoses. Detach water hoses from the back of your washer.
- Be mindful that there may be water mesh filters installed in between water inlet valve and hoses. Clean filters to ensure free flowing water.
- Open valves one at a time and allow water to flow into a bucket. If water flows freely there is no clog.
- If there is not water flowing, check your water inlet valve for clogs as well.
- The water inlet valve may be clogged internally, have loose electrical connection, or the solenoids in the water valve are not operational.
- You will need a multi-meter to check for faulty solenoids in the water valve.
NOTE: Some Samsung washing machine include 2 water inlet valves, one for cold water and one for hot water.
If you have carefully followed each step and your Samsung washer still reads error, call a specialist or the customer care line.
Looking for washer parts for your Samsung appliances? You can find them all here: 1st Source Servall Washer Parts