This week’s Product Pick of the Week is all about the racks in your dishwasher. Have you ever been startled by the sound of that top dishwasher rack falling out and clanking all of your glasses onto the dishes and silverware? Or have you ever put a lot of silverware into the silverware basket just to find it at the bottom of your dishwasher after the cycle has been completed? There is nothing worse than that moment of fear that your dishware is ruined. Look no further, installations and uses are all in one post!
The roller studs (four to each rack) allow the rack to easily roll into or extend out of the dishwasher for easier filling. If the upper or lower dish rack is having issues rolling in or out, you may need to replace the roller studs. They are a very easy fix as well.
- First remove the dish rack having issues from the dishwasher.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to pry the old roller studs off of each corner of the rack. You may need to use a pair of pliers to pull off the roller stud if it has cracked or broken by any means.
- Finally, snap the new roller studs into place.
- Ta-da! Your dishrack should now easily move in and out of the dishwasher
The dishrack peg/tine clip is attached to the tine rows and the lower rack. The tine rows can be put in an up position for organization in your dish load or in the down position to create more space in the dishwasher. The pegs are what hold the tines in place and allow them to be adjustable. If they crack or break, it is important to get them replaced. These are also very easy to fix, you simply need to order and install them. Here is how:
- Open your dishwasher and pull out the bottom dishrack. You will need to put the tines in an upright position to more easily unclasp the peg clip from the rack.
- Carefully pull the peg clip until it has released the rack. If it is already broken, it may be hanging or disconnected.
- Next, put your new peg clip in place by carefully pushing it down onto the rack until it clasps. It should not take much force; be careful not to crack your new one!
- Test the tines to make sure they will fold down and stand upright correctly.
Do your white dishwasher tines look old and used? Maybe this dishwasher tine repair kit can help. The kit includes white tine tips and white vinyl touch up material and adhesive to repair dishwasher racks. The tine tips go on the ends of the tines and can be blended in with the touch up material and adhesive. It is one of the easiest ways to make your dishwasher look brand new!
After years of wear and tear, sometimes it is best to invest in a new silverware basket. Knives, forks, and improper loading can cause damage to the silverware baskets, so be sure to take good care of them! If it is time to replace it, the installation is simple. Pull the old and damaged basket from the lower dish rack and simply put the new one in place. Ta-da! All ready for the next load!
Did you find this post useful? Do you have more questions or comments? Please feel free to leave a comment below and subscribe to 1st Source Servall Blog for more useful tips, tricks, and how-to’s!
Written by: Madison Jezioro