The holidays are almost here and before you know it, your guests will be knocking on your door. With so much to do in addition to your regular day-to-day, it can get a little stressful. We thought we’d help you out with a quick list of tips and to do’s for those last few days before the main event.
Tidy Floors – Sweep the floors or vacuum in the rooms your guests will see or be in. Don’t forget about the steps or sidewalk leading up to your front door!
Check for Dust – Wipe down the tables, kitchen counters, and any other obvious major dust collecting spots. If your furnace is on, use your vacuum’s brush attachment to go over your registers/vents
Pick Up – Put away the magazines on the table, toys, or any other items that you can
Clean the Stove – This can take a little time, but if you’re going to be cooking it’s very important to clean it inside and out
- Clean your Oven Naturally
- How to Clean your Glass Stove Top
- How to Clean your Electric (Coil Burner) Stove
- Gas Burner Grate Cleaning Trick
- How to Clean your Range Hood & Filter
Clean the Fridge – With incoming ingredients & leftovers you’ll want to make sure your refrigerator is in tip-top shape.
- Start by making some space and sorting through expired or unwanted to food
- Clean your Refrigerator Naturally
- *Extra Tip – Make extra ice ahead of time and store in the freezer in zip-top bags
Clean the Dishwasher – You might be thinking, shouldn’t it clean itself? Sometimes your dishwasher needs a little extra help to keep it running right.
- How to Clean your Filter
- Clean the Inside – Empty the dishwasher and place a dishwasher-safe bowl with 1 cup of vinegar in the top rack & run a normal cycle. Been a while since your last cleaning? Try using Affresh Dishwasher Cleaning Tabs to really get rid of grime.
- Know what can and can’t go in the dishwasher and the best way to load it
Clean the Microwave – The microwave can help speed things up, but no one wants to see stuck on splatters or smell last week’s burnt popcorn. Try this quick cleaning trick.
The Kitchen Sink – Avoid a smelly disposer by running it with a few ice cubes & lemon peels to freshen things up and sharpen the blades. You can also shine it up, along with most other stainless steel appliances, with Affresh Cleaner.
Our final tip is…relax. Don’t worry if you don’t get to every last thing. The holidays are supposed to be a chance to enjoy time with friends and family. We hope you found this list helpful and that you have a wonderful holiday season.
If do you happen to notice a part of your appliance needs to be replaced or you’re looking for the right cleaner, you can find just about anything you might need on our website! Feel free to leave any of your own tips, questions, and more for us in the comments.
Written by: Sarah Walker