Well since it is finally October I believe we can say fall is finally here! You might be ready for fall but is your home? Be honest, is your air conditioner unit still in the window? Do you still have your air conditioner running because you have some hope for warm weather and you’re dreading turning on the heat? Well this blog will take you step-by-step on how-to remove your window air conditioner unit.
Please wear work gloves when removing the ac unit!
Also, please be sure to look out the window and make sure no one is directly below the air conditioner unit.
Screwdriver/ screw gun
- Turn off your air conditioner and unplug the power cord from the outlet
- Remove the front cover/panel (this usually houses the filter screen) and set it aside
- Remove the foam padding or trim that is surrounding the sides. (Consider using the prying end of a hammer to loosen the insulation)
- Set the insulation to the side in storage or throw it away
- Lift the air conditioner and pull it out of the window (be careful ac units are heavy!)
- Set the air conditioner to the side and use a screwdriver to unscrew the wooden base from the windowsill
- Place the air conditioner unit, the insulation, and window rest somewhere safe so you can access it when warm weather comes around
- Consider purchasing a glass windowpane and place it in the window. If the area you live in has a harsh winter you may want to install storm windows for better insulation.
Thanks for reading! Do you remove your window air conditioner differently? Let us know in the comments below! Do you need to replace any parts for your air conditioner unit? You can find an oem replacement part for your air conditioner unit on our website.