Baking soda. One of the most versatile things that you often forget is in your kitchen. Have you ever tried any of these with the baking soda in the back of your cabinet?
Freshen your breath
- Put 1tsp of baking soda in a glass of water. A natural mouth wash, and neutralizes odors. Make it into a paste and use as a tooth paste
- Put 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water. Apply to face and rub in a circular motion
Alternative to dry shampoo
- Sprinkle some baking soda near your roots, tousle and then you’re good to go.
- Sprinkle baking soda on tub and tiles. Wipe with a damp cloth and rinse for a sparkling tub without the harsh chemical smells.
- Add some baking soda to your dish soak. Baking soda has natural grease cutting properties and lets you use less elbow grease.
Deodorize your refrigerator
- Put an open box of baking soda in the back of your fridge to get rid of the dingy smells from last week’s pizza night.
Neutralize the Gas
- Soak beans in a 1tsp of baking soda to get rid of a possible gas issue for next Sundays chili.
Keep ants outside
- Sprinkle an equal mix of salt and baking soda where ever you see ants coming into your home.
- Soak old smelly sponges in a 4tbsp baking soda and 1 quart of water solution. To disinfect even more put it in the microwave.
- Make a diluted baking soda solution to wash your produce and it will get rid of the dirt and waxy coating.