We all know about the stress that comes with having the house absolutely perfect for all of those Holiday parties. 1st Source Servall is here to help reduce that stress by giving you weekly to-dos. This short series is going to give a weekly house preparation list for the four weeks up until Christmas weekend. This guide will eliminate the last minute rushed cleaning and organization.
Today marks the first week of our series! This week is going to be all about getting your living room ready for the Holiday. Many families spend a lot of their time in the living room during the Holidays to enjoy each others company. The living room being cleaned and organized will make the family time that much more enjoyable.
- Go around the living room and clean the windows inside and out. This is important, especially if you are planning to decorate the windows for the Holiday. This is not a chore that everyone thinks to do all the time, but this will make your Christmas tree and/or other decorations looking their absolute best.
- Vacuum the floor and/or carpet. getting the floors squeaky clean. This needs to be done before you plan on putting up the Christmas tree.
- To eliminate the cobwebs wipe down ceilings, corners, and tops of doorways. Also, take everything off the walls, and dust it as well as dusting the blinds in the room. This is for the wall decorations you plan on putting up.
- If you are planning on having guest over this Holiday the coat closet being cleaned out is a necessity. Empty and/or sort clothes that are inside. Not only so it looks nice, but so you guest have a place to put their coats and/or belongings.
- Clean the TV screen (if you have a set in this room). This will make the Holiday movies you plan on watching as a family even more enjoyable.
We hope this post helps you get your home ready for the Holidays! You can find any appliance repair parts or cleaning tools on our website or at a store near you. Have a question, tip, or comment? Leave it for us below! Be sure to like and share this post and subscribe to the 1st Source Servall Blog to receive regular updates.