Did you know that your laundry detergent has other uses than just cleaning your clothes and other items? Here are some unique ways to use laundry detergent.
- All-purpose cleaner: Combine 1 quart of warm water with 1/4 cup of laundry detergent. Put this in a spray bottle. You can use this diy cleaner on most surfaces.
- Carpet cleaner: You can add your laundry detergent to the steam cleaner when you are cleaning your carpets.
- Hand washing: Combine 1/2 cup of laundry detergent with 1/2 cup of warm water. If you like a thick hand wash use less water. Then simply place the cleaner in a pump bottle.
- Pretreat stains: Laundry detergent can help remove stains on almost anything. Combine 1/2 cup or with 1/2 cup of warm water and put it in a spray bottle. Spray it onto the stain directly then wash the item immediately.
- Clean your car: If your detergent contains bleach do not use it on your vehicle. Simply combine 1/2 cup of laundry detergent and 1/2 cup of dish washing soap in one to two gallons of water. Then use a cloth to clean the inside and outside of your vehicle. You can also use this cleaned to clean the mats in as well.
- Degrease your stove: Mix together liquid laundry detergent with bleach and water and put it in a spray bottle. Then spray your stove and simply wipe clean with a cloth. Be sure that your laundry detergent does not contain bleach.
- Remove soap scum: Do you have tough soap scum stains around your bathtub or sink? Don’t go purchasing a harsh chemical to remove these stains. Instead, you can use laundry detergent! Simply just mix together powdered laundry detergent and water. It should be a thick paste. Apply it to the affected area and rub it on there in circles then let it sit for approximately 20 minutes or until the stain is removed. Then rinse with hot water.
- Clear a blocked drain: If you have a clogged drain laundry detergent can save the day! Pour 1/4 cup of liquid laundry detergent down the drain and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, pour boiling hot water down the drain. The detergent and hot water should loosen whatever is clogging your drain in the first place.
- Clean oil spills in your garage or driveway: Sprinkle powdered laundry detergent over the oil spill and let it soak up the stain. For tough oil spills, spray the area with water first, cover the affected area with the powdered laundry detergent, use a scrub to remove to help remove the stain, let it sit overnight, then sweep the area or vacuum the solution.
- Clean your outdoor furniture: Combine equal parts of laundry detergent and water. Then use this solution and put it in a spray bottle and scrub or wipe down your furniture, patio, or porch.
Thanks for reading!
What is your favorite brand of laundry detergent and why? Let us know in the comment section below.
If you need to replace any parts for your laundry appliances you can find an oem replacement part on our website.
Please be sure to like and subscribe to this blog for more tips and tricks like these.