Cleaning appliances are supposed to clean the items that are put inside them, but what a hassle it can be when the appliances starts to smell. Below is how to clean the washing machine when a smell may become apparent when you open it or go near it.
There could be a few reasons why the washer may smell bad.
- The drum of the washer could be coated in a ton of soap scum, which is basically dirt and other kinds of particles from your clothing. Thus, this can partake in future mold, bacteria and mildew.
- The door gasket, if rubber, can be filled with dirt, soap, and other substances as well, which can lead to more smells.
Now, to get rid of the smell, try these ingredients.
- Baking Soda -1/4 cup of baking soda with an equal amount of water. Add this solution to your machine’s detergent.
- Vinegar -Pour two cups of white vinegar into the drum, then run a normal cycle at high heat—without any clothes!
- Clean any other parts of grime.
Try these three things and the washer should be smelling no more.
Thanks for reading our blog!
For any appliance part you may need, check our website!
Have a question, comment, or tip? Leave it below!
Make sure to like, share, and re-blog this blog, and subscribe to the 1st Source Servall Blog for more updates.