Do you dread laundry day? Laundry has made the top five “worst household chores” in several studies, so you are not the only one. Although it may never be your first choice for how to spend your free time, there are many things you can do to make doing laundry less of a chore. Read these ten tips to help improve your laundry day!
- Always make sure you start with a clean, fresh washer and dryer. You don’t want to do all the work of running a whole load just to realize you need to do it over again!
- Have separate, labeled hampers for different load types. Try having a dark, light, and delicate separation. Pre-sorting the clothes as you put them in the hampers makes washing them much faster.
- Remember to check the pockets of everything before putting clothes in the washer. Random items in pockets can wreak havoc on your laundry units and ruin clothes!
- Have a stain removal sheet right near the washer as a guide, and treat any stains as suggested for the material and the stain type. Always treat stains before running the clothes through the washer.
- Double-check that you are washing similar fabrics and colors together. Wash any new dark, and specifically red, clothes separately, as the colors could bleed into the other clothes.
- Use mesh garment bags for delicate/small undergarments, such as bras and socks. This will help protect the clothes, and keep things together.
- Do not overload the machines, and never use more soap than necessary.
- If you are cramped for space when you do your laundry, try installing a fold-out ironing board, and try using an over the door storage for laundry items to save on space.
- Set aside a specific, clean area to be your “folding station,” and fold each load as they come out so it will feel less overwhelming. Even clean laundry piling up can be stressful!
- If you have children, try getting them involved with laundry day! They can be given small tasks to help, or take on responsibility for their laundry depending on their age. Family involvement can often make things more fun for everyone.
Hopefully your laundry day can now go smoothly and efficiently, and you’ll have more time to do something fun- or at least get more chores done!
Thanks for reading our blog!
For any appliance part you may need, check our website!
Have a question, comment, or tip? Leave it below!