Having a humidifier in your home is perfect for the cold winter season. Humidifiers are responsible for increasing the moisture in a room or an entire area. There are humidifiers you can purchase for a single room or hook up your humidifier to your HVAC system to provide moisture t your entire house! Humidifiers can reduce the likelihood of getting sick this winter season, can ease your allergies, and give you a more glowing skin. Who wouldn’t want to own a humidifier? Here are the benefits of using a humidifier.
Humidifiers provide many benefits and are great to have in your home, but they come at an expensive price. Humidifiers are ideal for individuals with allergies because they help fight indoor dry air. Humidifiers produce water vapor, which increases the overall humidity levels in the air. If you do not take proper care of your humidifier it can harm your health. So, if you own a humidifier please make sure you are cleaning it regularly. Follow these steps below on how to clean your humidifier.
Cold season is in full effect. The combination of Winters cold, dry atmosphere, a turned-up thermostat, and closed windows can create chaos in your respiratory system. The best way to to replenish your home with moisture and reduce your susceptibility to infections is to invest in in a humidifier.
There has been a multitude of dehumidifier recalls mainly due to overheating which can potentially lead to a fire. There are a few things that you can do to prevent your dehumidifier from overheating.
- If you turn your dehumidifier off wait at minimum 10 minutes before turning it back on
- Powering off and then on right away can disturb the circuit-breaker and then cause the dehumidifier compressor to overheat
- Replace filter at least once a year
- Check condenser coils
- When using the dehumidifier, the temperature in the air needs to be above 65 degrees Fahrenheit. If its below this temperature it can cause the coils to freeze which causes the inside of the dehumidifier to heat up and potentially catch fire
- If the coils are frozen and show breakage replace them